Saturday 3 July 2010

The Things I'll Carry


I'm getting married. Would you believe it. I'm so excited I could blog.

Seriously, it's one of the most romantic of times and with special people around and about the town last night, it's an amazing weekend.

Yesterday I got word that I'd had a piece accepted by pulpmetal magazine. Talk about a great wedding gift. I'm made up. It comes from a long story of some 80000 words, a year and a half's work, bruises inside and out. I distilled a piece of it into 1000 of flash fiction and there you go. The year and a half wasn't for nothing after all - it's true what they say, nothing written is wasted.

You'll find pulpmetal at:

http://pulpmetalmagazine.wordpress.com/

I managed to avoid cutting myself when I shaved this morning bar one slice that will be OK.

Tomorrow it's off on honeymoon and the children are staying here with Gran and Gramps.

That means holiday reading.

Here are the things I'll carry:

Georges Simenon - The Man On The Boulevard

Georges Simenon - The Bar On The Seine

(we'll be in Paris and Maigret is one of my oldest friends)

Malcolm Price - The Unbearable Lightness Of Being In Aberystwyth

Steig Larsson - The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

(have to start sometime)

Joe R Lansdale - Two Bear Mambo

Needle Magazine Issue 1

(Brother finally brought it over from the States): http://needlemag.wordpress.com/

Can't wait for the books and can't wait for any of it. I'm a hell of a lucky guy.

Wish me luck and cross your fingers.

And the picture at the head of the page? I'm the tall one in the hat wearing a dahlia.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Sea Minor,
    Congratulation! on your pending marriage and what a great reading list too!

    "And the picture at the head of the page? I'm the tall one in the hat wearing a dahlia."

    Nice picture, but I don't see the dahlia...anyways,
    Good luck and my fingers are crossed.
    DeeDee ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the very best - have a lovely lovely time.

    ReplyDelete